Summer 2014, Tanzania
Collected by Brandie Albright
236 240, Hurumzi St, Zanzibar 3417, Tanzania
Emerson on Hurumzi may be Zanzibar’s most exquisite hotel. The rooms are named after sultans, merchants, princesses and explorers, and the historical bric-a-brac dotting the walls give it an elegant, museum-y quality. The hotel's rooftop bar and...
Kiembe Samaki, Zanzibar, Tanzania
I spent several days at Chumbe Island Coral Park. It's has one of the few remaining untouched coral reefs along this coastline. This was the sunrise that greeted me the day I was to return to Zanzibar, and from there back to Tanzania and home....
The Grumeti River in the Serengeti holds pods and pods of hippos. Hippos are some of the funnest animals to watch, especially when they are out of the water. Our safari ranger and guide parked right next to the river early in the morning. We got...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village