Collected by Kat Lyons
Portugal, N247, 2655-130 Carvoeira, Portugal
The cliffs above the beach at Foz do Lizandro, just south of the surf town of Ericeira, are a popular launching spot for paragliders... depending on wind conditions you can sometimes see as many as 10 or 15 in the air at any time.
9700 Angra do Heroísmo, Portugal
Angra do Heroismo (Angra for short) is the capital of the Azorean island of Terceira and also the historical capital of the Azores as it is the archipelago's oldest city, dating back to 1450. It was declared a UNESCO world heritage site in 1983...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now