Sailing the coastline of Stromboli reveals hidden coves and long stretches of sparkly, jet-black sand, a product of the volcanic activity. Over many thousands of years, ocean waves batter and erode lava rocks along the shore, breaking them...
The town of Stromboli, the main settlement on the island, sits at the foot of the volcano overlooking Strombolicchio. Its gleaming white buildings surround the dome of a small church, Chiesa di San Vincenzo. The town is fronted by a stretch of...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 4 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna