Strait of Bonifacio See/Do
Collected by John Oseid, AFAR Local Expert
37 Quai Jérôme Comparetti, 20169 Bonifacio, France
Bonifacio, a city on Corsica's southern coast, appears to hang dramatically over soaring limestone sea cliffs along the Strait of Bonifacio. Its massive citadel and ramparts can be seen for miles; the historic Église St.-Dominique towers over the...
Cavallo, Bonifacio, France
Privately owned Cavallo, just a mile off Corsica, is the only inhabited part of the Lavezzi Islands. It's no more than half a square mile in size (120 hectares), but it was valued even back in the days of ancient Rome, when the Romans established...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States