Collected by Michal Benik
80 Hanson Pl, Brooklyn, NY 11217, USA
87 S Elliott Pl, Brooklyn, NY 11217, USA
by Jason Lampkin “Here’s a barbecue spot that draws a diverse crowd. It’s run by two visionaries (one black, one white, I’m pleased to say) and staffed by locals. Order the beef short ribs, spicy French fries, and Boylan’s sodas.” 87 S. Elliott...
660 Fulton St, Brooklyn, NY 11217, USA
by Jason Lampkin “Frank’s is the real deal—the kind of old-school New York bar found only in period films. On Friday nights, there’s a dance party upstairs with live house music.” 660 Fulton St., between S. Elliott Pl. & Lafayette Ave., (718)...
279 Montauk Hwy, Water Mill, NY 11976, USA
This museum, founded in 1898, opened its new space last November. It collects works by artists who have called Eastern Long Island home, including Jackson Pollock and Chuck Close. This appeared in the March/April 2013 issue.
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December