Collected by Marti Kilpatrick , AFAR Local Expert
Södermalm, Stockholm, Sweden
In a city known for clean lines, Stockholm’s Södermalm district (“Söder” to locals) is surprisingly nonconformist. A slum in the 18th century, the neighborhood is now home to a mix of clothing and furniture shops; Thai, Greek, and Turkish...
Norrmalmstorg 2-4, 111 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Location, Location, Location. The Nobis Hotel is in an excellent spot for exploring all that Stockholm has to offer. Gorgeous design, fab breakfast, and friendly staff. Free Wi-Fi and water. Do be aware that the standard room is very small.
Artillerigatan 14, 114 51 Stockholm, Sweden
This contemporary restaurant focuses on "New Nordic" cuisine, which means locally sourced Swedish and Scandinavian ingredients that are natural, organic, and innovative in terms of aesthetics and plating. Its menu changes based on what's currently...
Klara Norra kyrkogata 26, 111 22 Stockholm, Sweden
Frantzén is one of the best places in the world to experience new Nordic cuisine. Second only to NOMA on the World's Best Restaurant list for this style of cooking, it's an incredible eye-opening experience to eat lichen and other wintry,...
Gamla stan, Södermalm, Stockholm, Sweden
A picturesque mid-December afternoon along the Stockholm waterfront as the sun sets in the background. Despite the early darkness, Stockholm was bright and energetic all hours of the day. The air was festive with Christmas celebrations and...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May