Collected by Lily Chinn
Sergels torg, 111 57 Stockholm, Sweden
Stockholm Kulturfestival offers a mix of music, theater, and other artistry connected to culture—from jazz acts and rock bands to African beats—and you may run into the occasional bleeding zombie walking by as part of the city’s Zombie Walk....
Zinkens Väg, 118 42 Stockholm, Sweden
Every other block in Stockholm seems to have a bakery or a coffee shop that also sells pastries. Swedes seem to love their pastries almost as much as the French. Since it's almost impossible to avoid the bakeries in Stockholm, I simply gave in and...
Hamngatan 18-20, 111 47 Stockholm, Sweden
Stockholm's NK department store is worth visiting just to wander around its great, imposing atrium. In the middle of the city, it boasts over a hundred separate departments, with everything from restaurants, bars, and cafes to florists, sports...
Östermalm, Stockholm, Sweden
For antique furniture and interior décor as well as designer brand names like Prada, Swarovski, Gucci, and Louis Vuitton, head over to the city’s high-end district, Östermalm, and stroll along Biblioteksgatan and Birger Jarlsgatan to drop a couple...
Bellmansgatan 1, 118 20 Stockholm, Sweden
If you’re a fan of late Swedish author Stieg Larsson’s award-winning Millennium trilogy, or have read his book selections on long-haul flights, you might be interested in exploring the backdrops and settings of this suspenseful crime drama series....
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands