Stepping Out In Switzerland
Collected by John Clifford, AFAR Travel Advisor
Höschgasse 8, 8008 Zürich, Switzerland
The Swiss-born modernist giant was many things: architect, painter, sculptor, graphic artist, furniture designer, and writer. This museum, also known as the Centre Le Corbusier, is located in the Zürichhorn park, and offers a chance to view...
Avenue Bergières 11, 1004 Lausanne, Switzerland
Klosterhof 6B, 9000 St. Gallen, Switzerland
A monastery was first established at this site, one of 12 places in Switzerland on the UNESCO World Heritage list, in the 8th century—though the magnificent buildings that make up this outstanding example of baroque and rococo architecture...
Stadthausstrasse 6, 8400 Winterthur, Switzerland
2 Winterswijkstraat, Willemstad, Curaçao
Opened in 2010 by a Dutch couple, Baoase Luxury Resort is an intimate spot with fewer than two-dozen rooms. Despite its size, however, it has all the amenities of a larger property, including a spa, health center, boutique, and more. A...
Taberna s/n, Tunuyán, MZ, Argentina
“The Uco Valley (Valle de Uco) of Argentina is what Napa was three decades ago—it still has a feeling of discovery and wide open spaces. Surrounding the new Casa de Uco Resort are vineyards that produce award-winning wines. The ultramodern resort,...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now