Stepping Out In Switzerland
Collected by John Clifford , AFAR Travel Advisor
Höschgasse 8, 8008 Zürich, Switzerland
The Swiss-born modernist giant was many things: architect, painter, sculptor, graphic artist, furniture designer, and writer. This museum, also known as the Centre Le Corbusier, is located in the Zürichhorn park, and offers a chance to view...
Avenue Bergières 11, 1004 Lausanne, Switzerland
Klosterhof 6B, 9000 St. Gallen, Switzerland
A monastery was first established at this site, one of 12 places in Switzerland on the UNESCO World Heritage list, in the 8th century—though the magnificent buildings that make up this outstanding example of baroque and rococo architecture...
Stadthausstrasse 6, 8400 Winterthur, Switzerland
2 Winterswijkstraat, Willemstad, Curaçao
Opened in 2010 by a Dutch couple, Baoase Luxury Resort is an intimate spot with fewer than two-dozen rooms. Despite its size, however, it has all the amenities of a larger property, including a spa, health center, boutique, and more. A...
Taberna s/n, Tunuyán, MZ, Argentina
“The Uco Valley (Valle de Uco) of Argentina is what Napa was three decades ago—it still has a feeling of discovery and wide open spaces. Surrounding the new Casa de Uco Resort are vineyards that produce award-winning wines. The ultramodern resort,...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Museums + Galleries The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Coming to 1 U.S. Museum This Fall