Stepping Out In Switzerland
Collected by John Clifford , AFAR Travel Advisor
Höschgasse 8, 8008 Zürich, Switzerland
The Swiss-born modernist giant was many things: architect, painter, sculptor, graphic artist, furniture designer, and writer. This museum, also known as the Centre Le Corbusier, is located in the Zürichhorn park, and offers a chance to view...
Avenue Bergières 11, 1004 Lausanne, Switzerland
Klosterhof 6B, 9000 St. Gallen, Switzerland
A monastery was first established at this site, one of 12 places in Switzerland on the UNESCO World Heritage list, in the 8th century—though the magnificent buildings that make up this outstanding example of baroque and rococo architecture date...
Quai Gustave-Ador, 1207 Genève, Switzerland
Geneva's Jet d'Eau is perhaps the city's most iconic landmark, and also among the world's largest fountains visible as you fly over the city. It's perhaps fitting, given this is Switzerland, that even this most extravagant urban symbol has a...
Stadthausstrasse 6, 8400 Winterthur, Switzerland
2 Winterswijkstraat, Willemstad, Curaçao
Opened in 2010 by a Dutch couple, Baoase Luxury Resort is an intimate spot with fewer than two-dozen rooms. Despite its size, however, it has all the amenities of a larger property, including a spa, health center, boutique, and more. A...
- 1 Tips + News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 2 Air Travel How Much Do Masks Really Protect You on Flights?
- 3 Tips + News Can Americans Visit Mexico Right Now?
- 4 Tips + News Visiting NY, NJ, or CT? You'll Have to Quarantine If You're From These 38 States
- 5 Tips + News This Is When Caribbean Islands Are Reopening for Tourism