Stay Fit in the Big City
Collected by Allison Murray , AFAR Contributor
Local Expert Kristen recommends you join active New Yorkers and take off on these running paths, kayaking adventures, yoga studios, and more.
FDR Dr, New York, NY 10009, USA
Work days in the 'concrete jungle' are hectic. Long hours are spent indoors, sitting at desks. It's easy to forget that we live on an island. The East River Walk, beginning at 34th street and the FDR, is where I go to get away from the hustle and...
Manhattan, NY 10036, USA
Summed up by the phrase, 'the city that never sleeps,' New York is electric no matter the time of day. There is always a constant buzz in the background, kind of like the hiss you once heard between songs on your favorite cassette tapes. At any...
400 5th Ave, New York, NY 10018, USA
Many temptations are under one roof at Fifth Avenue's Langham Place. This polished hotel bucks the trend of tiny Midtown hotel rooms with spaces that begin at 420 square feet and stretch up to apartment-style accommodations with full...
334 Furman St, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
Taking a nighttime stroll through Brooklyn, retracing George Washington's footsteps as he was engaging British forces in Brooklyn and Long Island who went on to invade New York City in the summer of 1776 during the American Revolution (I love a...
- 1 Food + Drink 8 Best Hawker Centers in Singapore—and What to Eat There
- 2 COVID + Travel Singapore and Thailand Are Opening to U.S. Travelers—What to Know About Southeast Asia Travel
- 3 Longreads A Very Big Little Country
- 4 Tips + News NYC’s New Observation Deck Is Delightfully Disorienting
- 5 Travel Tips Why You Should Be Using a Two-Wheeled Suitcase, According to a Flight Attendant