Collected by AFAR Explorer
Pinedale, WY 82941, USA
It was our final night of fun after three days of interacting with the locals of Pinedale, WY. The stars were amazing so we decided to check them out at a lake we had yet to see. A glow from the small town crept over the distant horizon and faded...
Lake Powell, United States
My uncle and I stood with my tripod on the lakeshore behind our houseboat, trying desperately to capture the massive red rock wall before us. It was one of my first lessons in night photography, and it wasn't going great: there just wasn't enough...
The desert is a fantastic place, peaceful and quiet. And if you like these qualities about the desert, just think what it's like at night. You feel like you have the world to yourself. And if you focus, you can actually notice the movement of the...
Mormon Row, Wyoming, USA
One of the most exciting facets of life on the road is finding new ways to look at frequently photographed locations. Mormon Row is iconic Americana, right up there with the Statue of Liberty, the Grand Canyon, and the Welcome to Las Vegas sign,...
Mt Pinos, California 93225, USA
Star gazing is one of life's simplest but deepest pleasures, but city living can often hamper this by the sheer enormity of artificial light it gives off. At the top of Mt. Frazier, astronomers and star enthusiasts find a measure of peace and...
- 1 Travel News U.S. Citizens Will Need to Register to Travel to Europe Starting in 2021
- 2 Travel Tips How to Get the Best Last-Minute Travel Deals
- 3 Travel News Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Is Opening Soon—Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- 4 Hiking + Cycling Cinque Terre Warns Travelers to Avoid Hiking in Flip-Flops—or Risk Being Fined Up to $2,800
- 5 Travel Tips Surprising Countries Where U.S. Citizens Need an Advance Visa