Collected by AFAR Explorer
Pinedale, WY 82941, USA
It was our final night of fun after three days of interacting with the locals of Pinedale, WY. The stars were amazing so we decided to check them out at a lake we had yet to see. A glow from the small town crept over the distant horizon and faded...
Lake Powell, United States
My uncle and I stood with my tripod on the lakeshore behind our houseboat, trying desperately to capture the massive red rock wall before us. It was one of my first lessons in night photography, and it wasn't going great: there just wasn't enough...
We love going to the high desert in California, usually out to Joshua Tree National Park. We rented a house in Yucca Valley, not far from the Park entrance, through VRBO.com in late December so we could make home-cooked meals in the evenings. In...
Mormon Row, Moose, WY 83012, USA
One of the most exciting facets of life on the road is finding new ways to look at frequently photographed locations. Mormon Row is iconic Americana, right up there with the Statue of Liberty, the Grand Canyon, and the Welcome to Las Vegas sign,...
Mt Pinos, California 93225, USA
Star gazing is one of life's simplest but deepest pleasures, but city living can often hamper this by the sheer enormity of artificial light it gives off. At the top of Mt. Frazier, astronomers and star enthusiasts find a measure of peace and...
- 1The Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 2Portugal’s Exquisite Historic Lodgings Offer a Window to the Past
- 3Tar, Spaghetti, and Other Totally Real Ice Cream Flavors You Need to Try in Europe
- 4The True Magic of Machu Picchu Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 5Austria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps