St. Thomas & St. John 2014
Collected by taushac
Lille Taarne Gade, Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas 00802, USVI
Located on a side street in Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas are these innocuous looking steps; but they are far from average. The 99 steps (they total 103 actually) lead to Blackbeard’s Castle, one of five National Historic Landmarks in the...
5600 Royal Dane Mall, Suite 9, Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas 00802, USVI
Because it’s a major cruise port there are plenty of tacky restaurants on St. Thomas, but it doesn’t take a lot of effort to get under the skin of the island and find places where the locals eat. One such restaurant, Gladys’ Cafe, serves up...
Rte 37, St Thomas 00802, USVI
Overlooking the pristine Magens Bay on an innocuous bend of the road is one of the best views on St. Thomas, Drake’s Seat. The bench is named after the British privateer Sir Francis Drake, who is said to have used the bay as an anchorage...
6280 Estate Nazareth, St Thomas 00802, USVI
During a family vacation to the US Virgin Islands, we decided to go to a nearby beach called “Secret Harbour” for the day as it was a little more hidden away from the cruise ship crowds that you see during your stay on the island. The beach was...
Honeymoon Beach, St John 00830, USVI
Just a short hike from the St. John visitors center, Honeymoon Beach is a quick, quaint and romantic getaway from the hustle and bustle of the big island St. Thomas. Seeing the aqua ocean through the trees as we neared the beach took our breath...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019