St. Remy de Provence
Collected by Ellen Doherty
57 Avenue de la Vallée des Baux, 13520 Paradou, France
In a quiet little village south of St Remy de Provence you will find this gem of a bistrot. It's a fixed price menu with just a few options but all oh so delicious. A red wine bottle is open and waiting for you at the table as you sit down. It's a...
Place Saint-Paul, 13210 Saint-Rémy en Provence, France
Vincent van Gogh was a self-admitted patient at the Saint-Paul asylum in Saint-Rémy from May 1889 until May 1890. During much of his time there he was confined to the grounds of the asylum, and his works are great studies of the landscape and...
13210 Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, France
The landscape of Provence is a piece of art. It's no wonder that Vincent Van Gough was inspired to create over 150 paintings in Saint Remy in his final months. During a bike trip through Provence with VBT Bicycling and Walking Vacations, I...
Vallon de l’Arcoule (D78F), 13520 Les Baux-de-Provence, France
'Benvengudo' means welcome in old, Provencal dialect and it's a fitting name for a hotel that will feel like home. Hotel Benvendgudo is a small, casual, boutique hotel just a few kilometers below the fortified town of Les Baux, in the Alpilles...
3 Boulevard Victor Hugo, 13210 Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, France
While on a trip to the wonderful Provence region of France, one of the best days was the day we visited Saint-Remy. It is beautiful in itself, but one of the true gems of the area is Joel Durand's chocolate shop. We had the honor of a private...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now