Collected by Connie Viesselman
Kuznechnyy Pereulok, 3, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 191025
With piles of thick white cream cheese, buckets of fresh honey, and spicy pickled cucumbers, Kuznechny Market in St. Petersburg, Russia, is a site not to miss. Before I visited Russia, I was told that St. Petersburg was the "Venice of the north,"...
Palace Square, 2, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 190000
We visited the Hermitage Museum on Monday (the day it's closed to the public) and were able to witness art students painting some of the museum's most famous works. If you go, definitely try to arrange a private tour. On a typical day, 10,000...
Naberezhnaya Lebyazh'yey Kanavki, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 191186
It's so easy to take the hydrofoil from its dock near the Hermitage museum to visit Peterhof Palace about 20 minutes north of St. Petersburg. The Grand Palace, surrounding buildings and gardens, is sometimes referred to as the "Russian...
Griboyedov channel embankment, 2Б, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 191186
This is the most beautiful structure I've ever had the honor of stepping into. The Church of Our Savior on the Spilled Blood (or, Church of the Resurrection) is a church in St. Petersburg, Russia. Named for Alexander II, a tsar that was murdered...
Theatre Square, 1, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 190000
One of the great things to do in St. Petersburg Russia is to spend an evening enjoying the opera at the historic Mariinsky Theater. They also have ballet and musical theater but we chose Boris Godunov (without Natasha- LOL) during the White Nights...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Where to Go in Fall The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum