Collected by Marco Gdg
St Petersburg, Russia, 198096
Some of St. Petersburg’s most stunning sights are deep underground. The city’s metro system dates from the 1950s, and with its ornate decoration, crystal chandeliers and extravagant use of marble, it was intended as a showpiece for the Soviets....
St Isaac's Square, 4, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 190000
St. Petersburg’s fascinating and conflicted history is evident in St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the fourth-largest cathedral in the world. Its design in 1818 by a French architect proved controversial, with a formal neoclassical plan and no onion domes...
Garden St, 7, Pushkin, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 196601
Pushkin, a charming suburb of St. Petersburg, is home to the Tsarskoe Selo estate where two of the czars’ most famous and fabulous palaces can be found. The Catherine Palace is named after Peter the Great’s wife (not his more famous...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Air TravelMiniature Horses Are Allowed on Board Southwest Airlines, per New Policy
- 4Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 5History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania