Collected by Marco Gdg
St Petersburg, Russia, 198096
Some of St. Petersburg’s most stunning sights are deep underground. The city’s metro system dates from the 1950s, and with its ornate decoration, crystal chandeliers and extravagant use of marble, it was intended as a showpiece for the Soviets....
St Isaac's Square, 4, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 190000
St. Petersburg’s fascinating and conflicted history is evident in St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the fourth-largest cathedral in the world. Its design in 1818 by a French architect proved controversial, with a formal neoclassical plan and no onion domes...
Garden St, 7, Pushkin, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 196601
Pushkin, a charming suburb of St. Petersburg, is home to the Tsarskoe Selo estate where two of the czars’ most famous and fabulous palaces can be found. The Catherine Palace is named after Peter the Great’s wife (not his more famous...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village