St. Peter Port See & Do
Collected by Sunshine Flint, AFAR Contributor
1717 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89104, USA
Though a few miles out of town (15 minutes in a taxi), this kitsch labor of love is worth the trip. It was the work of a French monk, Brother Déodat, who wanted to adorn this pretty hillside with a grotto and basilica like the one in Lourdes,...
La Valette GY1 1AX, Guernsey
Those who enjoyed the 2010 novel The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society or have an interest in the World War II occupation will want to head to this military museum; it's located in the tunnels built by prisoners of war in the early...
College St, Guernsey GY1 2NZ
The island's Millennium Tapestry was begun in 1996 and worked on by members of the local community to mark 1,000 years of Guernsey history. The 10 embroidered panels, one for each century, depict daily life through the centuries, featuring...
Candie Gardens GY1 1DA, Guernsey
These pretty gardens were once the grounds of a stately home, and were opened to the public in the late 19th century. Stroll among manicured lawns and well-kept flower beds, and admire statues of Queen Victoria and Victor Hugo and the view over...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter