St. Peter Port See & Do
Collected by Sunshine Flint, AFAR Contributor
Blanchelande Girls College, Les Vauxbelets, St. Andrew's, Guernsey GY6 8XY
Though a few miles out of town (15 minutes in a taxi), this kitsch labor of love is worth the trip. It was the work of a French monk, Brother Déodat, who wanted to adorn this pretty hillside with a grotto and basilica like the one in Lourdes,...
La Vallette GY1 1AX
Those who enjoyed the 2010 novel The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society or have an interest in the World War II occupation will want to head to this military museum; it's located in the tunnels built by prisoners of war in the early...
College St, GY1 2NZ
The island's Millennium Tapestry was begun in 1996 and worked on by members of the local community to mark 1,000 years of Guernsey history. The 10 embroidered panels, one for each century, depict daily life through the centuries, featuring...
Candie Gardens GY1 1DA, Guernsey
These pretty gardens were once the grounds of a stately home, and were opened to the public in the late 19th century. Stroll among manicured lawns and well-kept flower beds, and admire statues of Queen Victoria and Victor Hugo and the view over...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna