St. Peter Port See & Do
Collected by Sunshine Flint , AFAR Contributor
La Valette GY1 1AX, Guernsey
Those who enjoyed the 2010 novel The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society or have an interest in the World War II occupation will want to head to this military museum; it's located in the tunnels built by prisoners of war in the early...
College St, Guernsey GY1 2NZ
The island's Millennium Tapestry was begun in 1996 and worked on by members of the local community to mark 1,000 years of Guernsey history. The 10 embroidered panels, one for each century, depict daily life through the centuries, featuring...
Guernsey GY1 6JN, Guernsey
No one approaching St. Peter Port from the sea can miss 13th-century Castle Cornet, perched on an island at the edge of the harbor. Its surprisingly large interior is beautifully preserved and well worth the entrance fee, which includes an...
Candie Gardens, Guernsey GY1 1WZ, Guernsey
These pretty gardens were once the grounds of a stately home, and were opened to the public in the late 19th century. Stroll among manicured lawns and well-kept flower beds, and admire statues of Queen Victoria and Victor Hugo and the view over...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May