Collected by Cheryl Miller
11400 Gandy Blvd N, St. Petersburg, FL 33702, USA
Our favorite spot for fresh, ice cold, plump Apalachicola (Gulf) Oysters is the Crab Shack. The Crab Shack isn't fancy. Located on Gandy Boulevard on the northern fringe of St Pete, it's a come in your shorts, gator-heads-hanging-over-the-bar,...
701 Bayshore Dr NE, St. Petersburg, FL 33701, USA
Whether you want to walk, bike, skate, fish, or just enjoy the view, you can do it on the North Bay Trail. Stretching from Demen's Landing Park (south) to Rio Vista Park (north), The North Bay Trail provides a paved, scenic route where you can...
425 22nd Ave NE, St. Petersburg, FL 33704, USA
Two broad snouts snuffle up from the water at the edge of the walking path along Coffee Pot Bayou. A manatee and her baby drift over to the storm drain to drink fresh water coming down from nearby Lake Crescent. The baby cuddles close. A small...
1800 Weedon Dr NE, St. Petersburg, FL 33702, USA
There is more to the St Petersburg/Clearwater area than beaches and boating; there are quiet pockets of nature filled with beauty and wild creatures. Weedon Island Preserve is one of those spots. Located on the northwestern shores of Tampa Bay, it...
1101 Country Club Way S, St. Petersburg, FL 33705, USA
Sometimes it is hard to find a piece of "old" Florida; a reminder of what the Tampa Bay area looked like when settlers first came in the 1800s. Luckily Boyd Hill offers the visitor a glimpse into that not-so-distant past. Spend an hour or two...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Art The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Coming to 1 U.S. Museum This Fall