Collected by Stephen Donahue
Hotel Chocolat Estates Ltd., Soufriere, St Lucia
Alphonsus “Stan” Stanislas stretched a pole above our heads and slid it along a branch of a cacao tree. Using the blade at the end of the pole, he cut a squashlike pod from the tree, then scored it with a pocket knife to reveal a hive...
000, Vieux Fort Lighthouse, St. Lucia, St Lucia
The beauty of the kites waving against the vibrant blue of the Caribbean Sea really captured me. I figured that I could quickly learn to kitesurf but it turns out that it's a focused, three-day affair. St. Lucia attracts some of the strongest...
Jalousle, St Lucia
Appearing like two green skyscrapers against a crisp blue backdrop, the Pitons of St. Lucia are a set of stunning beauty. At about 2,500 feet high each, the Gros Piton and the Petit Piton are volcanic plugs that dramatically rise from the edge of...
Marigot Bay Resort & Marina, Marigot Bay, St Lucia
Some may scoff at the absence of beachfront acreage, but what all-inclusive Capella Marigot Bay lacks in sand it makes up for in amenities, including a cabana-lined pool area with swim-up bar and ferry to nearby LaBas Beach. Backed by a...
Val Des Pitons Forbidden Beach La Baie de Silence, St Lucia
For a taste of Miami by way of St. Lucia, look no further than Sugar Beach. Set on a white-sand crescent between the Piton mountains—within a 100-acre former sugar plantation studded with shady palm trees—the resort’s...
- 1Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 2TechThe Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 3Travel NewsAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 4Luxury AdventureHow to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 5Travel NewsYosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years