Historic St. Kitts
Perched high above the sea on the east coast of St. Kitts is Brimstone Hill, a massive stone fortress built by African slaves for the British during the 17th and 18th centuries. Now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the military stronghold, which took...
Dedicated in 1928 after an earlier church was razed and rebuilt, the Immaculate Conception Co-Cathedral is typical of Catholic architecture, with two cross-topped towers, a central rosette window, and a cruciform layout. The church is open for...
This comprehensive museum, which was dedicated in 2002, is housed in St. Kitts’ historic treasury building. Constructed from hand-cut limestone in 1894, the building is still known as the gateway to Basseterre, thanks to its imposing size....
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Natural Wonders Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Art The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum