Collected by France Plouffe
Sri Pada / Adam's Peak, Sri Lanka
Located in the Central Highlands of Sri Lanka, Sri Pada (also known as Adam's Peak) is revered as a holy site by Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims and Christians. The mountain stands out for both its prominence and for the Sri Pada "Sacred Footprint", a...
Kaikawala,Induruwa, Bentota 86443, Sri Lanka
Sri Villas on Induruwa Beach, Sri Lanka (accessible by the Galle Road between Colombo and Galle just south of Bentota) can be rented by the room or by the house. 12 friends and I had the entire compound to ourselves for a few days last week - what...
2 Galle Rd, Colombo, Sri Lanka
Now and again, a sunset is more than just a sunset. Such is the case from the Galle Face Hotel in Colombo. One of the most relaxing places on earth to watch the sun go down - so long as there's plenty of malty Lion Stout at hand. The Galle Face...
Sri Dalada Veediya, Kandy 20000, Sri Lanka
One of the most famous temples in all of Sri Lanka is located in Kandy, the Temple of the Tooth (Sri Dalada Maligawa). It was built in the 17th century and proudly boasts it is the home of Buddha’s tooth. The tooth is kept in a two-story inner...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security