Collected by Kirsten
B199, Rambukkana 71100, Sri Lanka
Each day, the 90 elephants living at the Pinnewala Orphanage are led from their feeding grounds to the nearby Maha Oya (Maha River) to bathe. The elephants are split in to two groups so half get to go to the river in the morning and the other half...
Polhena Beach, Sri Lanka
Stilt fishing is a tradition on the southern coast of Sri Lanka. The fishermen sit on a cross bar called a petta that tied to a vertical pole driven into the coral reef. The men fish with either rods or just string. The catch is either a variety...
D S Senanayake Veediya, Kandy 20000, Sri Lanka
The Esala Perehera is a 15 day festival that takes place each year in the small town of Kandy, Sri Lanka. The festival venerates Buddha’s tooth which is significant because it symbolizes the introduction of Buddhism to this small island nation...
Panama, Sri Lanka
The east coast of Sri Lanka boasts amazing scenery as well as some fabulous surf. This area was frequently visited by wild elephants and we'd often surf under the watchful eyes of the monkeys. Periods of no surf meant hanging out on the giant...
Keyzer St, Colombo, Sri Lanka
This is the Federation of Self Employees Market (FOSE) in Pettah. There are fresh fruits and vegetables, piles of clothing, shoes, pots and pans and whole lot of household products. As the wind blows, I could smell strong stench of smell coming...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Natural Wonders Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Where to Go in Fall The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Coming to 1 U.S. Museum This Fall