Collected by Kirsten
B199, Rambukkana 71100, Sri Lanka
Each day, the 90 elephants living at the Pinnewala Orphanage are led from their feeding grounds to the nearby Maha Oya (Maha River) to bathe. The elephants are split in to two groups so half get to go to the river in the morning and the other half...
Polhena Beach, Sri Lanka
Stilt fishing is a tradition on the southern coast of Sri Lanka. The fishermen sit on a cross bar called a petta that tied to a vertical pole driven into the coral reef. The men fish with either rods or just string. The catch is either a variety...
DS Senanayake Veediya, Kandy 20000, Sri Lanka
The Esala Perehera is a 15 day festival that takes place each year in the small town of Kandy, Sri Lanka. The festival venerates Buddha’s tooth which is significant because it symbolizes the introduction of Buddhism to this small island nation...
- 1 Longreads The God of Silence Speaks Up
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines to Cut Service to These U.S. Cities—Will There Be More?
- 3 Trending News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?
- 4 Trending News Can Americans Visit Mexico Right Now?
- 5 Air Travel This Airport Just Became the World’s First to Get a Five-Star COVID-19 Rating