Collected by Nihal Hashish
D S Senanayake Veediya, Kandy 20000, Sri Lanka
The Esala Perehera is a 15 day festival that takes place each year in the small town of Kandy, Sri Lanka. The festival venerates Buddha’s tooth which is significant because it symbolizes the introduction of Buddhism to this small island nation...
Sri Dalada Veediya, Kandy 20000, Sri Lanka
We hired a guide to take us around the Temple of the Tooth, among the most revered of temples for Buddhists as it houses one of the Buddha's own teeth. We felt mildly out of place among the worshippers, but we were there to learn and were...
38 Church St, Galle 80000, Sri Lanka
Galle Fort is either a blessing in disguise, or a tourist trap, it all depends on what you want. If you're going to Sri Lanka to experience local culture than Galle may not be for you. If you need a break from the hectic pace of Sri Lanka, than it...
- 1 Travel News There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now