Collected by Nancy Cummings
Church St, Galle 80000, Sri Lanka
Walking slowly along the Galle fort ramparts affords one a glimpse back in time, and a moment to reflect on the magic of travel. We stood and watched as local boys jumped from the walls into the shallow waters below, shrieking with excitement,...
Galle 80000, Sri Lanka
One of the classic things to do in the historic city of Galle is to "Walk the Fort". Old Galle is a peninsula surrounded by fort walls from its colonial period which can still be walked around offering great ocean views and excellent people...
Fort, Galle 80000, Sri Lanka
Galle fort and the city of Galle has a wonderful colonial past that differentiates this gorgeous city from the rest of the country of Sri Lanka. With previous landmarks and architecture left from the Portuguese, Dutch and English settlers, a...
Cheena Kotuwa, Galle 80000, Sri Lanka
Sithuvili is a fantastic place to shop for traditional hand crafted Sri Lankan masks, among other goodies. Being that masks are one of the only things I collect on the road, it was a great place to explore. Part of the fun of finding Sithuvili is...
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Air Travel TSA PreCheck Members, Get Ready to Start Using Facial Recognition
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December