Collected by Nancy Cummings
Church St, Galle 80000, Sri Lanka
Walking slowly along the Galle fort ramparts affords one a glimpse back in time, and a moment to reflect on the magic of travel. We stood and watched as local boys jumped from the walls into the shallow waters below, shrieking with excitement,...
Galle 80000, Sri Lanka
One of the classic things to do in the historic city of Galle is to "Walk the Fort". Old Galle is a peninsula surrounded by fort walls from its colonial period which can still be walked around offering great ocean views and excellent people...
Fort, Galle 80000, Sri Lanka
Galle fort and the city of Galle has a wonderful colonial past that differentiates this gorgeous city from the rest of the country of Sri Lanka. With previous landmarks and architecture left from the Portuguese, Dutch and English settlers, a...
Cheena Kotuwa, Galle 80000, Sri Lanka
Sithuvili is a fantastic place to shop for traditional hand crafted Sri Lankan masks, among other goodies. Being that masks are one of the only things I collect on the road, it was a great place to explore. Part of the fun of finding Sithuvili is...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands