Collected by Jonathan Pozniak
The Frangipani Tree, 812, Matara Road,, Unawatuna 80600, Sri Lanka
There I was, stuck between a rock and a hard place. I wanted to swim in the ocean, to cleanse myself of my misgivings in the salty sea, but I also wanted to lounge in the infinity pool, sip a fruity cocktail (without being judged), and swim a few...
7th Mile Post, Uva Province, Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka's Uda Walawe National Park doesn't just have wild elephants; it has hundreds and hundreds of them. All living, eating, and caring for their young in their natural habitat. On a recent visit, everything about the gentle giants captivated...
Coconut Boat, Pasikuda 30410, Sri Lanka
An oil massage and herbal bath is just the treatment to complement a stay at the wonderful Maalu Maalu beach resort in Passikudah, on Sri Lanka's eastern coast. The resort's qualified ayurvedic doctor prescribed the herbal mix, as well as the...
Delighted to awaken from our wee hour airport transfer to a clean-lined, airy reception with expansive views of the Indian ocean and a crisp pool large enough to swim laps in, the tensions from our months of travel subsided within the first few...
20, Keerthi Sri Rajasinghe Mawatha, Kandy, Kandy, Sri Lanka
The main house is a comfortable central gathering place and the grounds are lush with flowers and plants. My room at the Ellerton is darling. Two beds draped in mosquito netting, an armoire with a safe, an open bathroom, magazines, wood floors and...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May