Collected by Cara Zarrillo
B199, Rambukkana 71100, Sri Lanka
The Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage in Sri Lanka has existed since 1975. It cares for elephants that are injured, or without Mothers. It is regarded as the home of the biggest herd of elephants in the world. While visiting the Orphanage, you can see...
Sri Pada / Adam's Peak, Sri Lanka
Located in the Central Highlands of Sri Lanka, Sri Pada (also known as Adam's Peak) is revered as a holy site by Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims and Christians. The mountain stands out for both its prominence and for the Sri Pada "Sacred Footprint", a...
Kandy - Jaffna Hwy, Dambulla, Sri Lanka
Entrance to a Buddhist museum at the foot of the hill housing the Dambulla Cave Temples in Sri Lanka. Although quite a hike up to the top, the physical exertion is worth it to see the 5 caves, which contain hundreds of statues and paintings of...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna