Collected by Cara Zarrillo
B199, Rambukkana 71100, Sri Lanka
The Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage in Sri Lanka has existed since 1975. It cares for elephants that are injured, or without Mothers. It is regarded as the home of the biggest herd of elephants in the world. While visiting the Orphanage, you can see...
Sri Pada / Adam's Peak, Sri Lanka
Located in the Central Highlands of Sri Lanka, Sri Pada (also known as Adam's Peak) is revered as a holy site by Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims and Christians. The mountain stands out for both its prominence and for the Sri Pada "Sacred Footprint", a...
Kandy - Jaffna Hwy, Dambulla, Sri Lanka
Entrance to a Buddhist museum at the foot of the hill housing the Dambulla Cave Temples in Sri Lanka. Although quite a hike up to the top, the physical exertion is worth it to see the 5 caves, which contain hundreds of statues and paintings of...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Travelers’ Biggest Pet Peeves Ranked