Collected by ceri smith
Kandy - Jaffna Hwy, Dambulla, Sri Lanka
According to Buddhist legend, after the Buddha attained enlightenment, his feet made an imprint in the stone where he stepped. The footprints of the Buddha (Buddhapada) are highly revered in all Buddhist countries, especially in Sri Lanka and...
Alfred House Rd, Colombo 00300, Sri Lanka
A black-tiled pool marks the entrance to Geoffrey Bawa’s former office, which now houses the chic Gallery Café. All the Bawa hallmarks are on display here: courtyards, terra-cotta roof tiles, pools, verandahs, and secret nooks. 2 Alfred House Rd.,...
Kaikawala, Sri Lanka
While jogging on Induruwa beach in the early morning I came across this lobster fisherman casting his line into an ocean pool formed by boulders just off the coast. He told me he can sell lobsters for Rs. 3500 per kilo (about $30 for 2.2 lbs) and...
2 Galle Rd, Colombo 0300, Sri Lanka
Now and again, a sunset is more than just a sunset. Such is the case from the Galle Face Hotel in Colombo. One of the most relaxing places on earth to watch the sun go down - so long as there's plenty of malty Lion Stout at hand. The Galle Face...
Panama, Sri Lanka
The east coast of Sri Lanka boasts amazing scenery as well as some fabulous surf. This area was frequently visited by wild elephants and we'd often surf under the watchful eyes of the monkeys. Periods of no surf meant hanging out on the giant...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles