Springtime in DC
Collected by Sakhi Vyas
Touristing about out this regal city
701 E Basin Dr SW, Washington, DC 20242, USA
Having grown up in the DC-area, cherry blossom season translates to one of the most chaotic times of the year around the National Mall. Swells of tourists and fanfare bombard the Tidal Basin in early spring. There are however narrow windows of...
5 Henry Bacon Dr SW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
A haunting memorial that brings together the faces & figures with a startling reflection back to the observer. Walking by this memorial truly brings to life the images of the past. What a sobering way to walk through DC - take in the city through...
2 Lincoln Memorial Cir NW, Washington, DC 20037, USA
I found myself contemplating the anxiety in Lincoln's hands, the hasty "drape" of cloth, and piercing eyes that seem to pierce through the decades. Take time to lean against the cool stone pillars and read through the texts of the 2nd Inaugural...
1 Dupont Cir NW, Washington, DC 20036, USA
Spending a weekend in Washington, DC? Head over to the Dupont Circle Farmer's Market and see where local DC Foodies buy their fresh veggies. Then head over to Kramer Books for a delicious brunch (they have a great eggs benedict selection).
1850 West Basin Dr SW, Washington, DC 20242, USA
This was my favorite memorial in DC. FDR's thoughtful, hopeful quotes emerge effortlessly from the warm slabs, across waterfalls, and behind flowering shrubs. The entire memorial glows with tranquil energy, and is not somber or reflective like...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Holiday Travel Required Reading: 29 New Books for Every Type of Traveler
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village