Collected by AFAR Explorer
Bobby's Marina, Philipsburg, Philipsburg, Sint Maarten
Bucket-list junkies will love this: The 12 Metre Challenge allows you to race multi-million dollar 12-metre yachts actually used in the America's Cup. You may even get to sail Dennis Conner's famous Stars & Stripes. The day begins with a sailing...
My initial thought was, does this horse know how to swim? We started our trek from the stables, approximately a 2 mile ride to the beach. It was so peaceful going at a slow pace, down the quiet dirt roads, then finally through the brush down to...
7 Voorstraat, Philipsburg, Sint Maarten
Located in a converted 1800's house, the St. Maarten Museum focuses on local St. Maarten heritage through a variety of topics, like geology, industry, history, archaeology, and indigenous cultures. View important artifacts and exhibitions like...
Fort Amsterdam, Sint Maarten
In 1631, Dutch settlers arrived to St. Maarten and claimed the island, building what we now know as Fort Amsterdam between Great Bay and Little Bay. This was a great defensive position, situated at the top of cliffs, connected to the mainland, and...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December