Collected by AFAR Explorer
Bucket-list junkies will love this: The 12 Metre Challenge allows you to race multi-million dollar 12-metre yachts actually used in the America's Cup. You may even get to sail Dennis Conner's famous Stars & Stripes. The day begins with a sailing...
My initial thought was, does this horse know how to swim? We started our trek from the stables, approximately a 2 mile ride to the beach. It was so peaceful going at a slow pace, down the quiet dirt roads, then finally through the brush down to...
7 Voorstraat, Philipsburg, Sint Maarten
Located in a converted 1800's house, the St. Maarten Museum focuses on local St. Maarten heritage through a variety of topics, like geology, industry, history, archaeology, and indigenous cultures. View important artifacts and exhibitions like...
Fort Amsterdam, Sint Maarten
In 1631, Dutch settlers arrived to St. Maarten and claimed the island, building what we now know as Fort Amsterdam between Great Bay and Little Bay. This was a great defensive position, situated at the top of cliffs, connected to the mainland, and...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019