Spiritual India & Nepal
Collected by Clare Olivares , AFAR Local Expert
Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India
Varanasi, a city on the banks of the Ganges, is one of the holiest sites in Hinduism and the spiritual capital of India. Many religious pilgrims come to Varanasi, specifically to the Ganges, to perform ritual ablutions and to await death. No place...
Durbar Marg, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Splurge a bit and stay in Hotel Yak and Yeti when in Kathmandu. Built from a 100–year old palace this hotel definitely has its elegant features but I really enjoyed the smaller touches like the humorous Big Red Foot sign you put in your shoes to...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019