Spiritual India & Nepal
Collected by Clare Olivares, AFAR Local Expert
Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India
Varanasi, a city on the banks of the Ganges, is one of the holiest sites in Hinduism and the spiritual capital of India. Many religious pilgrims come to Varanasi, specifically to the Ganges, to perform ritual ablutions and to await death. No place...
Durbar Marg, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Splurge a bit and stay in Hotel Yak and Yeti when in Kathmandu. Built from a 100–year old palace this hotel definitely has its elegant features but I really enjoyed the smaller touches like the humorous Big Red Foot sign you put in your shoes to...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village