Spain's Ribera del Duero Wine Region
Collected by Chris Ciolli, AFAR Local Expert
Calle San Miguel, 13, 42330 San Esteban de Gormaz, Soria, Spain
In this charming Spanish village, climb the steep hill to see Iglesia de San Miguel, a beautiful 11th century church built in the Roman portico style. Before you go, be sure to take a spin around the village's old town and snap shots of the...
Camino de la Ampudia s/n, 09314 Pedrosa de Duero, Burgos, Burgos, Spain
Tour a modern Spanish wine-making operation at Pago de Los Capellane. Before you go, be sure to schedule a tasting of the winery's 5 types of wines, young red, crianza, reserva, and two parcel wines, Nogal and Picón. Tastings are hosted in a...
Camino del Castillo, s/n, 47316 Curiel del Duero, Valladolid, Spain
Take in the beautiful scenery and acres of vine in Curiel de Duero on a horse and buggy ride with Bodegas Comenge. You can arrange for a picnic lunch (complete with a Comenge vintage) or a tour of the winery and a tasting in the winery's...
Calle las Eras, 7, 09441 Sotillo de la Ribera, Burgos, Spain
Grab 9 to 19 friends and rent out this 18th century mansion in Sotillo de Duero for a weekend in the Spanish country-side. This beautifully restored historic residence is ideally located for exploring Spain's celebrated Ribera del Duero wine...
Calle Peñaranda, 4, 09400 Aranda de Duero, Burgos, Spain
In the Ribera del Duero wine region in Spain, lechazo, or milk-fed lamb is a traditional dish served in many restaurants. Morcilla from Aranda, a blood sausage traditionally prepared with rice and cumin is also very typical. Fortunately for...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles