Spain's North Coast
Collected by Kerry Murray
Fisterra, A Coruña, Spain
The end of The Way, where pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago come to burn their boots and dive into the sea - I think. We didn't see either, nor did we partake in said events, but it sounds like the sort of thing that would be fun if you arrived...
Portonovo, Pontevedra, Spain
While on a road trip along the Spanish coastline we spent the night in Portonovo, north of Vigo on the west coast. The town itself seems to run on the fishing industry and summer holiday tourism, but the coastline to the north is part of a...
Santa Korda Kalea, 4, 20003 Donostia, Gipuzkoa, Spain
At La Cuchara de San Telmo, on the corner of the plaza Valle Lersundi in San Sebastian, the specialties were hot pintxos, quickly prepared to order--from the menu or the specials board, or by pointing to what your neighbor was eating. This was one...
Lago de la Ercina, 33556, Asturias, Spain
Hiking Lake Ercina was only half the fun of exploring the Picos de Europa; the other half was enjoyed learning how to drive a manual transmission all over again. It had been roughly ten years since I got behind a stick shift, and I may have...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys