Spain in October
Collected by Ann Bailey
Plaza del Azoguejo, 1, 40001 Segovia, Spain
The ancient city of Segovia is charming in every sense of the word. Wooden and stone houses line impossibly narrow winding streets, up the hills to the heart of the Roman Aqueduct. On your quest to see the Alcázar of Segovia and its spatial...
Plaza Reina Victoria Eugenia, s/n, 40003 Segovia, Spain
An hour outside of Madrid sits el Alcazar de Segovia, the castle that is rumored to have inspired Cinderella's Castle in Walt Disney World. Coming upon it at sunrise, this majestic hilltop fortress does not fail to impress. Many visitors head to...
08569 Rupit, Barcelona, Spain
In Rupit, Stone cottages with orangey-red terracotta roofs perch around a stream, half-hidden by the mountainous green hills. An hour and a half drive from Barcelona, walk around this beautiful, if tiny village (approximately 340 residents). Pose...
Carretera Cap de Creus, s/n, 17488 Cadaqués, Girona, Spain
A short drive from the picturesque fishing village of Cadaques and Dalí's House Museum in Port Lligat, Cap de Creus is one of my favorite places in Spain when it comes to natural beauty. Sweeping views of the ocean from atop the cliffs are even...
Plaça Major, 30, 08500 Vic, Barcelona, Spain
Sit down to a drink or a light meal in or around Vic's Plaça Mayor. For a light snack, split an order of torrades (toasted rustic bread piled with local specialties) with a friend. One of my personal favorites is a torrada smeared with tomato and...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles