Collected by Katie Mills
Passeig de Gràcia, 43, 08007 Barcelona, Spain
Antoni Gaudi architecture is very unique. The Barcelona architect has several buildings which are listed as Unesco World Heritage sites, including the Casa Batllo. Part of the modernisme movement in the late 19th and early 20th century, Gaudi took...
Calle de Bailén, 10, 28013 Madrid, Spain
Stumbling around Madrid I came upon this crypt down from the Royal Palace. I finally decided to check out this exemplary architecture haven amidst the jamon and shoe shops in the vicinity. This Neo-Romanesque crypt bears the remains of many in its...
The history of Toledo dates back to Roman occupation circa 192 BC. The ruins of the Roman circus are still visible just outside the walls of the city. Roman occupation was followed by Visigoth rule, Muslim rule, and finally the Reconquest of...
Paseo de Cristóbal Colón, 11, 41001 Sevilla, Spain
Colour, music and dancing are an integral part of life in Andalusia, Spain. For a taste of the region's Flamenco, head to El Patio Sevillano in Seville (Sevilla). A variety of dancers, in colourful traditional costumes, will whirl and stomp across...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019