Collected by Joseph Cyr , AFAR Local Expert
Calle Casp, 86, 08010 Barcelona, Spain
Carrer d'Elisabets, 2, 08001 Barcelona, Spain
Grown in Galicia but available all over the country in the summer, 'pimientos de padrón' are little green peppers that are one of the most popular seasonal tapas in Spain. If you're in Barcelona, one of the best place to try this...
Plaza Cánovas del Castillo, 4, 28014 Madrid, Spain
Renowned chef Paco Roncero re-interprets everyday Spanish food without crossing the line into pretentiousness at Estado Puro; here, flavor matters more than presentation and dishes are perfectly portioned. Patatas bravas, fried potatoes spiked...
Plaza de la Independencia, 7, 28001 Madrid, Spain
The Parque del Buen Retiro is one of Madrid's iconic outdoor spots: acres and acres of green and shade--the city's beloved lung and playground... ...and several outdoor terrace-cafés dot the grounds for when you need a coffee, ice-cream, beer,...
Paseo República de Cuba, 4, 28009 Madrid, Spain
Of course, when you go to Madrid, you'll have to stay up late into the lively night—matar la noche (kill the night), as they say... But if you can possibly wake up early one morning, the city's Parque del Retiro (sometimes also called "Parque del...
Pasadizo de San Ginés, 5, 28013 Madrid, Spain
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May