Collected by AFAR Explorer
Calle Canalejas, 1, 41001 Sevilla, Spain
In 2015, Easter falls on April 5, but the pageantry in Seville begins the week before, on Palm Sunday. The world’s most famous Easter celebrations are a feast for all the senses, with the smell of incense and candles, the music of the processional...
Platja Portlligat, 17488 Cadaqués, Girona, Spain
After falling in love with Salvador Dali at his museum in Figueres, we caught one of three buses out to the cliffside town of Cadaques where you can get to know Dali a bit more intimately by touring his house. Full of odds and ends, including mini...
Pedralbes, Barcelona, Spain
Visit Pavellons Güell, a somewhat lesser-known Gaudi masterpiece in Barcelona's posh Pedralbes neighborhood. Especially spectacular is the property's wrought-iron dragon gate, it's writing serpentine form strongly resembling a cross between a bat...
La Font de la Guatlla, Barcelona, Spain
Plaça de Santa Maria, 1, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
We have been many time to Barcelona, but a return to the beautiful Santa Maria del Mar church during our visit in May 2013 had extra meaning because both my wife and I had read "Cathedral of the Sea," an expansive historical novel in which the...
Carrer Nou de la Rambla, 3-5, 08001 Barcelona, Spain
Palau Güell is an early Gaudí masterpiece, designed for his longtime benefactor, Eusebi Güell. The mansion, one of Gaudí's first big projects, was recently restored and re-opened to the public. The centerpiece of the building is the amazing...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna