Collected by Chris O'Brien
Calle Callejas, 19, 11630 Arcos de la Frontera, Cádiz, Spain
Arcos de la Frontera is my favorite of southern Spain's Pueblos Blancos (White Villages). I visited the mesmerizingly beautiful town last summer. I wandered the tiny winding streets, snapping pictures and getting lost in a pocket of Andalucia time...
29400 Ronda, Málaga, Spain
Lovely little city Ronda is perched over the Tajo gorge, and still bathed in Islamic and Christian heritage. The homes of this mountain town are tucked into terraced cliffs, on narrow streets, surrounded by massive fortress walls, opened at two...
Generalife, Granada, Spain
Built to serve as a summer palace for the Muslim emirs in the 13th and 14th centuries, the gardens here are a retreat from worldly worries. Water trickles at each turn, the architecture is unobtrusive, but artfully designed for sound and natural...
Carrera del Darro, 13, 18010 Granada, Spain
There are many places to view Flamenco in Granada. There are large shows in Sacramonte that cost 25-35 Euros and have a flare for showing the dramatics and storytelling of the dance, and there are shows that have no dance and play in dark...
Camino Nuevo de San Nicolás, 28, 18010 Granada, Spain
Arguably the best view in Granada (even better than the one from the Alhambra) is from the Plaza de San Nicolas. Here you get a full, stunning image of the Alhambra that can't be beat. There's also usually a diverse crowd of tourists and locals...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter