Collected by Chris O'Brien
Calle Callejas, 19, 11630 Arcos de la Frontera, Cádiz, Spain
Arcos de la Frontera is my favorite of southern Spain's Pueblos Blancos (White Villages). I visited the mesmerizingly beautiful town last summer. I wandered the tiny winding streets, snapping pictures and getting lost in a pocket of Andalucia time...
29400 Ronda, Málaga, Spain
Lovely little city Ronda is perched over the Tajo gorge, and still bathed in Islamic and Christian heritage. The homes of this mountain town are tucked into terraced cliffs, on narrow streets, surrounded by massive fortress walls, opened at two...
Generalife, Granada, Spain
Built to serve as a summer palace for the Muslim emirs in the 13th and 14th centuries, the gardens here are a retreat from worldly worries. Water trickles at each turn, the architecture is unobtrusive, but artfully designed for sound and natural...
Carrera del Darro, 13, 18010 Granada, Spain
There are many places to view Flamenco in Granada. There are large shows in Sacramonte that cost 25-35 Euros and have a flare for showing the dramatics and storytelling of the dance, and there are shows that have no dance and play in dark...
Camino Nuevo de San Nicolás, 28, 18010 Granada, Spain
Arguably the best view in Granada (even better than the one from the Alhambra) is from the Plaza de San Nicolas. Here you get a full, stunning image of the Alhambra that can't be beat. There's also usually a diverse crowd of tourists and locals...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles