Collected by Fred Lopez
Paseo de la Chopera, 10, 28045 Madrid, Spain
Matadero, the former end-of-the-line for Spanish livestock, has been transformed into a lively artistic and cultural space. Built in 1911, the center was not only an abattoir, but a beautiful example of Spanish architecture—down to the detail in...
Calle de Augusto Figueroa, 24, 28004 Madrid, Spain
On the second level of El Mercado de San Anton is Puturrú de Foie, a stall specializing in duck and geese products. It features cuisine from the Navarre region of northern Spain, a cuisine which focuses on using only natural ingredients in its...
Calle de Alcalá, 39, 28014 Madrid, Spain
The Metropolis Building in Madrid claims dominance over the intersection of Calle de Alcalá and Gran Via. The topping sculpture of Phoenix and Ganymede, like an architectural hood ornament, keeps a watchful eye over the busy boulevards below.
Calle de la Ribera de Curtidores, 28005 Madrid, Spain
Standing at the top of Plaza Cascorro looking down over the buzzing madness of Sunday morning's El Rastro market in Madrid, it's hard not to feel like a pirate about to dive into a newly-discovered cave of treasures. Tents overflowing with the...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019