Collected by Henri Louvat
Plaza del Azoguejo, 1, 40001 Segovia, Spain
The ancient city of Segovia is charming in every sense of the word. Wooden and stone houses line impossibly narrow winding streets, up the hills to the heart of the Roman Aqueduct. On your quest to see the Alcázar of Segovia and its spatial...
Plaza Reina Victoria Eugenia, s/n, 40003 Segovia, Spain
An hour outside of Madrid sits el Alcazar de Segovia, the castle that is rumored to have inspired Cinderella's Castle in Walt Disney World. Coming upon it at sunrise, this majestic hilltop fortress does not fail to impress. Many visitors head to...
Praza da Inmaculada, 3, 15704 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Spain
This was the end of The Way for us. We booked a couple nights at old digs in the Hospedería San Martín Pinario, an converted monastery in the heart of Santiago's atmospheric old city. It was an excellent base for exploring the city, and a...
Patio de Banderas, s/n, 41004 Sevilla, Spain
This ceiling in one of the rooms in the Alcazar in Sevilla, Spain makes you feel as if you are staring into the heavens. The hypnotic effect provided by the shimmering gold made me want to lay on the floor and look up for hours.
Carrer de la Llotja, 2, 46001 València, Valencia, Spain
Valencia's La Lotja de la Seda, or silk exchange, is a castle-like structure in the middle of the city's old town. A UNESCO World Heritage site, it's considered one of the best examples of Gothic-era civil architecture in Europe. Dramatically...
- 1Travel NewsThe Best Meteor Shower of the Year Peaks This Weekend
- 2Restaurants + CafésThe Best Farm-to-Table Restaurants for a Fall Harvest Feast
- 3Where to Go in FallEurope’s Most Overlooked Region Is Ready for Its Close-Up
- 4Food + DrinkTokyo’s Long Lines Lead to Magic (and Life-Changing Ramen)
- 5Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World