Collected by Katie Mills
11450 State Hwy Park Rd 5, Canyon, TX 79015, USA
A half hour south of Amarillo lies the second-largest canyon in the United States. Palo Duro offers lovely hiking and camping along its 120-mile length. Georgia O’Keeffe painted landscapes inspired by what she called the “burning, seething...
Jerome, AZ 86331, USA
Jerome commands big-sky views from its mile-high perch on Cleopatra Hill: look out over red rock mesas and volcanic peaks while standing above a network of 88 miles of mine shafts descending over 4,000 ft. Founded in 1876, Jerome's population fell...
3505 W State Route 260, Camp Verde, AZ 86322, USA
I've always had a problem with zoos, but Out of Africa Wildlife Park is different. Privately owned and away from city-life, this wildlife park allows its animals and guests to encounter one another on a different level. Hold a white python, feed a...
Hard to definitely pinpoint on a map, the Wave is a gorgeous rock formation near the Arizona and Utah part of the Coyote Buttes, in the Paria Canyon-Vermilion Cliffs Wilderness. Don't rush off there expecting to just show up and visit, as this...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now