Collected by Chris Coleman
34500 Béziers, France
They call it an incredible feat of civil engineering. They say it is one of the longest canal systems in the world, the most spectacular man-made waterway. They inscribe it a World Heritage Site. But the Canal du Midi is a living work of art that...
34200 Sète, France
Sète is known as the Venice of France. Just like in Italy, there are canals and waterways that are maneuverable by boat and filled with industry, shops, and residents. A pedestrian-friendly city where we parked our car and were easily able to walk...
11 Place du Forum, 13200 Arles, France
Once known as the Cafe Terrace, this is the place captured so colorfully in Van Gogh's painting of Place du Forum in Arles, in September of 1888. Still in operation today and now named Cafe Van Gogh, it's a lovely little spot to have your espresso...
11000 Carcassonne, France
Carcassonne looks like it was cut out of an animator's scrapbook of fantastic castles. But this is the real thing. The last stronghold of the Albigensians or Cathars who, unfortunately for them, took a different view to the catholic church on a...
9 Avenue Paul Cézanne, 13100 Aix-en-Provence, France
Much of Provence and the French Rivera is a post-impressionist world filled with art history and the south of France became know for it's gorgeous landscapes and famous southern light through works of art. While Impressionism emerged in Paris,...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands