Southern Africa 2017
Collected by David Lueck
andBeyond Phinda Private Game Reserve, 3936, South Africa
The landscape surrounding Phinda Private Game Reserve is totally different from what you’ll experience in Kruger, Madikwe, or the Kalahari. Here, moisture from the Indian Ocean breathes life into gently rolling hills; flat, grassy wetlands...
Okavango Delta, Botswana
Botswana's Okavango Delta wan't my first trip with andBeyond, but it remains the one etched most deeply into my bank of travel memories. If there’s a vision of a Garden of Eden, the Okavango is surely it. A lush endless land where water meets...
Chobe National Park, in northern Botswana, has one of the largest concentrations of game in Africa, and the most exciting way to experience the park is by boat. The Zambezi Queen and a handful of small-vessel cruises operate along the Chobe River,...
Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
When visiting the Zimbabwean side of Victoria Falls, The Victoria Falls Hotel is an iconic, historic hotel you have to visit. Pause for a casual meal or a drink at Stanley's Room. The view out to the Rainbow Bridge was spectacular. I can't think...
Safari Lodge, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
If you're spending any time in Victoria Falls, the town on the Zimbabwean side of the falls, you have to plan to have a dinner at The Boma. It's a restaurant set within the woods with an all you-can-eat African buffet setup. The highlight is the...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Where to Go in Fall The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum