Southern Africa 2017
Collected by David Lueck
andBeyond Phinda Private Game Reserve, 3936, South Africa
The landscape surrounding Phinda Private Game Reserve is totally different from what you’ll experience in Kruger, Madikwe, or the Kalahari. Here, moisture from the Indian Ocean breathes life into gently rolling hills; flat, grassy wetlands...
Okavango Delta, Botswana
Botswana's Okavango Delta wan't my first trip with andBeyond, but it remains the one etched most deeply into my bank of travel memories. If there’s a vision of a Garden of Eden, the Okavango is surely it. A lush endless land where water meets...
Chobe National Park, in northern Botswana, has one of the largest concentrations of game in Africa, and the most exciting way to experience the park is by boat. The Zambezi Queen and a handful of small-vessel cruises operate along the Chobe River,...
Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
When visiting the Zimbabwean side of Victoria Falls, The Victoria Falls Hotel is an iconic, historic hotel you have to visit. Pause for a casual meal or a drink at Stanley's Room. The view out to the Rainbow Bridge was spectacular. I can't think...
Safari Lodge, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
If you're spending any time in Victoria Falls, the town on the Zimbabwean side of the falls, you have to plan to have a dinner at The Boma. It's a restaurant set within the woods with an all you-can-eat African buffet setup. The highlight is the...
- 1 Travel News The Real Story Behind Venice’s Newly Crystal-Clear Canals
- 2 Travel News Quarantine. Self-Isolation. Lockdown. Shelter in Place. What’s the Difference?
- 3 Travel News Virtual Museum Tours, Performances, and Tutorials to Keep You (and Your Kids) Entertained at Home
- 4 Air Travel TSA Just Made Some Major Changes to Its Rules Due to Coronavirus
- 5 Travel News What Life Looks Like in Locked-Down Countries