Collected by David Barrineau
Luang Prabang, Laos
For some the Mekong is for travel, for others the Mekong will provide commerce. At night when crowds disperse and mosquitoes fall asleep a walk down to the Mekong River near central Luang Prabang is well worth the view. The serpentine river carves...
Banteay Srei, Cambodia
Banteay Srei was well-worth enduring the crowds (it was most crowded site we visited in Angkor), but at least the tour groups provided photo ops. [For a break from the masses, check out Beng Mealea (very similar to Ta Prohm). It's a bit of a...
Kingkitsarath Rd, Luang Prabang, Laos
When I was in Luang Prabang, I found myself following a morning routine: I'd wake at dawn to watch the monks receive alms, wander through the morning market and then watch the sunrise over the Nam Khan river. It was a great way to start the day.
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 4 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022