Collected by AFAR Explorer
Hoba Wawi, Wanokaka, West Sumba Regency, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
MAS, Ubud, Gianyar, Bali, Indonesia
On our first visit to Bali in 1988, our soon-to-be-fast-friends Azman and Caroline took us to the studio of mask-making genius Ida Bagus Anom [http://bit.ly/H8tOmN]. We were instantly enthralled by the expressiveness of the faces he carved and...
Jl. Raya Ubud No.8, Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
It's been nearly 14 years since our last visit to Bali. In the interim, our friend Caroline, in Bali since 1986, built her house near the village of Abangan, outside of Ubud. This is the view to the east in the morning, from her studio next to the...
JL Labuan Sait, Pantai Suluban (Blue Point Beach) Uluwatu, Pecatu, Kuta Selatan, Pecatu, Kuta Sel., Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80364, Indonesia
The monkeys that live here are very mischievious!!! Be careful...they will snatch water bottles and food right out of your hands and even sunglasses straight off your head! We even saw one with some unlucky visitors slippers !!!
Luwus, Baturiti, Tabanan Regency, Bali, Indonesia
Walking into our guide's house we were treated to a scrumptious spread of the best food we had had in Bali. Lightly sauteed spinach with chicken satay, noodles, Balinese spices and pickles along with tofu dipped in a delicious sauce made for a...
JL. Uluwatu 111-X, Denpasar, 80361, Jimbaran, South Kuta, Badung Regency, Bali 80361, Indonesia
Uluwatu is located on the southern tip of Bali and the temple is perched high up on the cliffs overlooking the ocean. Be careful with those cute little monkeys. They are quite naughty and will take anything not part of your body.
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico