Collected by Kelly Bogaert
52 Huyền Trân Công Chúa, Hoà Hải, Ngũ Hành Sơn, Đà Nẵng 550000, Vietnam
...or take the elevator (seriously!) to experience this network of temples and intricate sculpture. Incense is sold throughout the complex, and people sell all kinds of marble wares on the street level.
Tổ 5, Khối An Bang, Cẩm An, Hội An, Quảng Nam 563865, Vietnam
Do yourself a favor and rent a room at Spirit Bird B&B (or at their more hostal-like Hippie House across the way, available through Airbnb). Run by lovely German expats Micah and Stephanie, we felt at home at this beautifully designed bed and...
Gitgit, Sukasada, Kabupaten Buleleng, Bali, Indonesia
Legends abound about Gitgit Waterfall: Locals say that those who can see animals in the rock behind its 115-foot falls have a special spirit; others say couples that bath in the pool beneath the falls will eventually separate. Who knows whether...
Lovina Beach, Anturan, Buleleng Sub-District, Buleleng Regency, Bali, Indonesia
For those looking to escape the resortiness of South Kuta, Lovina Beach, about 50 miles north, is a chill alternative. It has all the things you want out of a beach destination—snorkeling, beachside bars, and a nice, sandy stretch—and none of the...
Jl. Bisma, Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
The highlight of my trip was this basic cooking class at Casa Luna. I had become obsessed with nasi goreng, a Balinese spin on fried rice, and was determined not to leave the island without learning how to make it. At Casa Luna, not only did I...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May