Collected by Tim Blount
This trip was incredible! I am 46 years old and I just started backpacking about 5 years ago. My friend and I started at Crescent Meadow in Sequoia National Park on the western side of the Sierra Nevada and ended at the top of Mt. Whitney in...
7am..28 degrees..7000 ft altitude... Silent giants stand watch as they have for hundreds of years. They probably laugh to themselves when people engrave their names on the tree trunks..as though they were the first to arrive..but the giants know...
Hume Lake, California 93628, USA
Along a windy road in Sequoia's National Park you may see a sign for Hume Lake. It won't be a big sign, and if you're not looking for it, you'll think it's just one of many lakes along the winding roads thru the great Sequoia's park. This one gets...
38257 E Kings Canyon Rd, Dunlap, CA 93621, USA
Cat haven is a small zoo filled with felines rescued from various situations. The animals seem content an well cared for, and you can get an up close view of some large and beautiful creatures. As one if the handler's explained, there are not a...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles