South of France
Collected by Jessica Pepper-Peterson
11 Rue Brémond, 13260 Cassis, France
Whilst in Cassis, France, we were lucky enough to eat spectacular food every day--for every meal. It was a culinary journey like no other. Every night was a new meal, at a new restaurant. That is, except for the repeat dinners at La Cigale et la...
Rue Fort du Sanctuaire, 13281 Marseille, France
Situated at the highest point in the city of Marseille lies the Notre-Dame de la Garde. From this view you can see the sun setting along the Mediterranean sea and small islands made famous from the novel, "The Count of Monte Cristo." Just...
Place Saint-Paul, 13210 Saint-Rémy en Provence, France
Vincent van Gogh was a self-admitted patient at the Saint-Paul asylum in Saint-Rémy from May 1889 until May 1890. During much of his time there he was confined to the grounds of the asylum, and his works are great studies of the landscape and...
84220 Roussillon, France
Beyond the French Riviera are small towns and villages that you can easily explore if you have access to a car. One May, seven of us rented a car (yes we were cramped in a tiny French model) and we left our hostel in Avignon for a day trip around...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Restaurants + Cafés Italy Is Getting Its First Starbucks and Italians Are Conflicted
- 4 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 5 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free