Collected by Catharine Debelle
136 Seorin-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Expecting a stuffy museum, I found the King Sejong Story was a pleasant surprise. This monument in the center of Seoul, housed underneath one of the hippest areas, is worth a look. No amount of rambling can present how great King Sejong was for...
Sokcho-si, Gangwon-do, South Korea
On a jetty jutting out into the Sea of Japan, toward a pine-covered lighthouse isle, this metal tree of hearts is a rendezvous spot on the NE coast of South Korea. Visitors from all over Asia come to Sokcho to eat seafood and to see where scenes...
60-16 Itaewon-ro 55-gil, Hannam-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea
A great way to spend an afternoon in Seoul: a good book and the genius of sculptor Louise Bourgeois at the Leeum Museum. A gentleman relaxes on ‘Eye Benches,’ while 'Maman' stands guard. It’s in Itaewon that Samsung planted the Leeum Contemporary...
- 1The Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 2Austria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 3How to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 4How to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 5Yosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years