South East Asia Journeys
Collected by Patricia Jacques
Si Phraya, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
After eating amazing dish after amazing dish, I knew I wanted to leave Thailand knowing how to bring some of the flavors I'd experienced into my own kitchen. Silom Thai Cooking School was the perfect place to do that. Gung, our teacher, was...
Kishanpole, Jawahar Nagar, Khanjipeer, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001, India
I travel to immerse myself in other cultures and, as I work in food, that often happens at the table. While in India, I was eating everything from street food to refined white tablecloth dining, but my favorite experience was the home-cooked food...
No. 67, វិថី ឧកញ៉ាឈុន (240 ភ្នំពេញ, Phnom Penh 12110, Cambodia
Cambodian cuisine is delicious; similar to Thai, if not as spicy. Frizz Restaurant offers a cooking class on a breezy rooftop patio, which is a great way to spend a morning or a day. Our teacher, Heng, was patient & thorough, with enough culinary...
4 Chome-2-18 Sendagi, Bunkyō-ku, Tōkyō-to 113-0022, Japan
Ameyayokocho The open-air stalls underneath the train tracks were once a haven for criminal transactions. Today they’re a paradise for bargain-hunters looking for such essentials as green tea and dried fish. Don’t miss the labyrinthine underground...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun