South East Asia Journeys
Collected by Patricia Jacques
Si Phraya, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
After eating amazing dish after amazing dish, I knew I wanted to leave Thailand knowing how to bring some of the flavors I'd experienced into my own kitchen. Silom Thai Cooking School was the perfect place to do that. Gung, our teacher, was...
Kishanpole, Jawahar Nagar, Khanjipeer, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001, India
I travel to immerse myself in other cultures and, as I work in food, that often happens at the table. While in India, I was eating everything from street food to refined white tablecloth dining, but my favorite experience was the home-cooked food...
House Number : 67 Oknha Chhun St. (240), Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Cambodian cuisine is delicious; similar to Thai, if not as spicy. Frizz Restaurant offers a cooking class on a breezy rooftop patio, which is a great way to spend a morning or a day. Our teacher, Heng, was patient & thorough, with enough culinary...
4 Chome-2-18 Sendagi, Bunkyō-ku, Tōkyō-to 113-0022, Japan
Ameyayokocho The open-air stalls underneath the train tracks were once a haven for criminal transactions. Today they’re a paradise for bargain-hunters looking for such essentials as green tea and dried fish. Don’t miss the labyrinthine underground...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local