Collected by Leslie McDowell
100 National Park Rd, Hopkins, SC 29061, USA
Few old-growth forests remain in the U.S., making this swampy wonderland a gem that's ripe for exploration. There are miles of hiking trails, but the best way to see the park is via canoe or kayak, either on a day trip or an overnight camping...
1235 Long Point Rd, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464, USA
Planted in 1973, the magnificent avenue of oak trees that greets visitors at Boone Hall Plantation is a must-see. After taking it in, guests can walk through the plantation mansion or take a motor tour of the grounds, which cover 738 acres. At...
329 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29403, USA
For many Charlestonians and tourists, every Saturday is spent in Marion Square at the farmers’ market. Students nursing hangovers wait in line for a crepe at Charleston Crepe Company while farmers from John's and Edisto islands sell their fresh...
1870 Bowens Island Rd, Charleston, SC 29412, USA
Few places mean more to Charleston than Bowens Island Restaurant, which has existed in one form or another since 1946. The original building, covered in Sharpie messages signed by diners over the years, burned to the ground in 2006. Current owner...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now