Collected by Mindi Weichman
Amankila, Manggis, Kabupaten Karangasem, Bali, Indonesia
Amankila is one of three Aman properties on Bali and, perhaps, the most remote, with its private beach and views of the Lombok Strait. The suites themselves are reason enough to go. Airy and enormous, each is filled with a fabulous selection of...
Buleleng, Buleleng Sub-District, Buleleng Regency, Bali, Indonesia
Doing a home stay was, by far, the highlight of my trip to Bali. The luxury hotels are wonderful, but if you really want to get a feel for the Balinese culture, staying with a family is the way to go. I found Ker and Gelgel on Airbnb and wound up...
Jl. Bisma, Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
The highlight of my trip was this basic cooking class at Casa Luna. I had become obsessed with nasi goreng, a Balinese spin on fried rice, and was determined not to leave the island without learning how to make it. At Casa Luna, not only did I...
Jalan Raya Pengosekan, Peliatan, Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
When in the jungle town of Ubud, be sure to do a yoga class. They are relatively inexpensive and are a great experience. We did ours at the renowned Yoga Barn. The studios are open air and all you can hear is the birds and the wind. A great...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 3 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico