South american trip
Collected by Willie witcher
San Telmo, Buenos Aires, Argentina
The attractive San Telmo barrio began as an upscale area before tenement living took over. It’s back big-time now, helped by its famous antique flea market. On Sundays tourists and locals descend upon the Plaza Dorrego and its side lanes for...
500, Av. Juan de Garay, 1114 CABA, Argentina
'This isn't for everyone,' as the bar's slogan goes, and it's true. (If you're looking for a cold beer, for example, you'll be out of luck at Doppel - this is probably one of the only businesses in all of Buenos Aires where cerveza is pointedly...
FIGUEROA ALCORTA, PRES. AV. 2301, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Located in the Plaza de las Naciones Unidas in Buenos Aires, the Floralis Generica is a 75 foot high steel and aluminium sculpture of a flower by Eduardo Catalano. Situated in the center of a park, the sculpture has an electrical mechanism that...
Guatemala 4699, 1425 CABA, Argentina
Av. Medrano 1475, C1176 CABA, Argentina
A classic Manhattan - paired with a hot dog? You heard that right. Granted, these are gourmet hot dogs. But only the bold and imaginative Fede Cuco, one of the city's premiere bartenders (considered something of a celebrity barman, even, on the...
Av. de Mayo, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Thanks to some smart city planning, Buenos Aires features a few Parisian-style boulevards—wide and beautiful, lined with trees and elegant architecture—that beckon travelers to take a leisurely stroll. The loveliest are Avenida de Mayo and Avenida...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles